In announcement on 10/03/2011 at 23:26
It’s been a tremendous year and incredibly rich learning experience, but it’s time to move on to other projects. These archives will remain in place.
Warmest thanks to all those poets who gave permission for their poems to be read here, all those who participated in the group reading sessions, all those who stopped by to listen, and, most particularly, all those who sent in third-party submissions.
(now hanging out at Pizzicati of Hosanna)
videopoems by Swoon featuring Whale Sound readings
In announcement on 10/03/2011 at 23:21
- Whale Sound started up a year and one month ago in August 2010 .
- We published readings of poems by 212 poets
- We published 7 audio chapbooks in multiple formats – website, e-book, PDF and print – most of them free.
- We coordinated and participated in 8 group readings
- We established Voice Alpha, a group blog focusing on the art of reading poetry aloud for an audience.
- We collaborated on two videopoem tryptich projects with film-maker Swoon – Night Vision and Propolis (the latter also with Kathy MacTavish).
- We established videpoetry channels on You Tube and Vimeo.
In read by Nic Sebastian on 10/01/2011 at 00:28
In read by Nic Sebastian on 09/29/2011 at 11:48
In read by Nic Sebastian on 09/29/2011 at 11:32
In read by Nic Sebastian on 09/19/2011 at 11:06
In read by Nic Sebastian on 09/12/2011 at 11:12
In read by Nic Sebastian on 09/12/2011 at 11:08
In read by Nic Sebastian on 08/30/2011 at 07:33