In announcement on 10/03/2011 at 23:26
It’s been a tremendous year and incredibly rich learning experience, but it’s time to move on to other projects. These archives will remain in place.
Warmest thanks to all those poets who gave permission for their poems to be read here, all those who participated in the group reading sessions, all those who stopped by to listen, and, most particularly, all those who sent in third-party submissions.
(now hanging out at Pizzicati of Hosanna)
videopoems by Swoon featuring Whale Sound readings
In announcement on 10/03/2011 at 23:21
- Whale Sound started up a year and one month ago in August 2010 .
- We published readings of poems by 212 poets
- We published 7 audio chapbooks in multiple formats – website, e-book, PDF and print – most of them free.
- We coordinated and participated in 8 group readings
- We established Voice Alpha, a group blog focusing on the art of reading poetry aloud for an audience.
- We collaborated on two videopoem tryptich projects with film-maker Swoon – Night Vision and Propolis (the latter also with Kathy MacTavish).
- We established videpoetry channels on You Tube and Vimeo.
In announcement, audio chapbook on 05/02/2011 at 10:55
We are very pleased to announce publication of the latest Whale Sound Audio Chapbook: Threatening Weather by Howie Good.
In announcement, audio chapbook on 02/01/2011 at 10:23
Whale Sound is delighted to announce the publication of Cloud Studies, a sonnet sequence by Christine Klocek-Lim and Whale Sound‘s third audio chapbook.
Previous audio chapbooks:
Handmade Boats by H.K. Hummel
Studies in Monogamy by Nicelle Davis
In announcement on 01/05/2011 at 00:01
Whale Sound will be back on January 10.